River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Treasure Hunt @Awana Kijal ~ Hyatt Kuantan 1-3 April 2006

Treasure hunt organized by my company. :) This is the fourth one I have participated.. But it is the one I had most fun and most eventful one.. :)

We started the day early and hunt to Awana Kijal. 4 cars 15 ppl.. Big gang huh.. can go pek yao d... Then on the next day 11 of us extended our stay to Hyatt Kuantan...

Now the highlights of the trip

Treasure Hunt
WE WON !!! Yeah.. so unexpected.. I was shocked. I think I almost made the guy next to me deaf by screaming into his ears. :P After all these years, finally we won something.. we got 22nd place out of 100 cars.( as if we won first place hoh) Not a BIG achievement but ok for once-a-year hunters like us. :) At least we know we are improving !! hahaha
Table lucky draw !! Yeah.. never lucky with draws but only two tables got the lucky draw and we were one of them !!! A small prize- umbrella.. but most of all, it makes us feel LUCKY!!!
Romantic Nite but no Romeo
At Awana Kijal, we had 5 bottles of wine.. I think about 13 of us. I can't remember and am too lazy to count now. We were playing the drinking game. First part was in between, you get to choose who you want to drink if you win else you finish your drink!! Second part was whoever got the smallest card gotta drink !! Third part is everyone to stick the card on the forehead and can decide whether if they should add more wine to the current glass. Haha( We can conclude that Andy and Alvin has the stickest forehead :P) Anyway, it was either the guys gang up on me and my own bad luck that I drank quite alot. End up all high and blur.
Not really drunk ( NO.. I am not drunk). Anyway, we went out to beach.
I was lying on the sand. Man... It is beautiful... the entire sky was filled with stars.
Big, small, bright, dim.... I even saw two shooting stars !!!! Yeah !! It was exhilarating ! I am so into stars and shooting stars !! Ah.. to make it even more romantic.. the waves were rolling to the shore, with strong rhythm. The sound of the waves...the darkness... the stars.. the alcohol in the bloodstream.. man !!
It was just a perfect night for romance, but sadly... it is a romantic night without Romeo.

The Spooky photos...
Awakening to the fact that my Romeo would not come galloping on his white horse, I went back to my room.
The next day we saw some photos that was taken the night before. It was a few without flash.A few with Soo pretending to be 'Samara'.. messing up her long hair and showing her scary face. Man.. it was eerie and it doesn't give a pleasant feeling.. I think the rest of us already gave Soo a hard time about it. hehehehe
But the worse photo is one with the 3 girls. Yen, Soo and Chia. Actually it was the photo that started the whole prank with the eerie effect. It was only the next morning over breakfast, I notice that there are long clumps of 'hair' on Chia's face. Chia had short straight hair. Then everyone freaked out!! And we have lots' of versions that spooked everyone. Like Yen was never in the picture. Who is the girl in between... no one was wearing clothes with that particular logo.. There should not be any shadows...as it was taken at the open sea.
Anyway, those who were around that night got sober and agreed that yes the three did take the photo together.. And yes, there was a coconut tree at that spot. And the leaves or the shadows were actually the clumps of hair...
To tell you the truth, I think it is just an explanation to soothe everyone's feeling. It is plain spooky.. But as long as everyone is healthy, happy and sane, I will go along with the story. Definitely I won't take eerie pictures at night, espescially at the beach. Jinx !! Call me supertitious or what.. I don't care. It is better respect all beings- and that includes spiritual beings.

A brush with the High & Mighty
Before we check in to Hyatt Kuantan, there were police everywhere and red carpet laid for us. Wow.. first class treatement walking in on red carpet. :PAnyway, after hanging out for awhile, we girls were going out to town to get Sharon's specs fixed. Then I saw a commotion.. AHHH.. it's our Prime Minister !!! With my trained hands, I whipped out my camera and start shooting away. But only manage to take one decent photo with half of his face blocked by this man who does not understand what it means by standing behind the line. #$#%(!%^&! But this photo should be ok. And next it was me shaking his hand. I lost my chance last time to shake hand with our Tun Mahathir, I am not going to let this one slip either!! So I was really kiasu and rushed forward to shake his hand. But with all the excitement, I just manage to blurt a "Hello!" with a silly smile plastered on my face. Yeah.. Hello ?????!!!!! What kind of a greeting is that to the man who is second in power of the country ( I assume Agung is the top- pardon my ignorance with the political structure) Hahaha...

Anyway, after the trip to town.. we saw the top man of the country.. Yes, Yang DiPertuan Agung ( sorry, if I miss out any Yang Berbahagia or Berhormat in front- returned to my high school teacher d)... I dare not go and shake his hand, worried that I might be shot as mistaken for a assassin.Anyway, it was cool man !! I even got a picture with 4 traffic sergeants.. But the picture did not come out well.. :((

Hm.. just to think about it. Just a few weeks ago, I had a close encounter with the Deputy Prime Minister. I didn't even notice him and almost knocked him coz I was to engrossed in an conversation with my colleagues. His bodyguards did give us an icy stare.. Ooops !!
ok, back to my trip...
Food !
No trip is complete without good food.
Kemaman stuffed crab.. aiii... was disappointed. I was so looking forward to it that I ordered two !! Not as good as I last tried in Oct 2005. Hmmm.. And price increased. Ppl, don't go to Tong Juan anymore. Gang must be cursing me now. Hehe
Dinner at Kuantan. See those BIG FAT oysters @ Pak Su Kuantan. Yummy !!! I had 3. Two cooked in garlic sauce-mmm special. One fresh !! **Drooling....
Our trip ended with the best food of the trip. Superb tin Kai meehoon at Bentong, bak sou gong fish,, ham yu fa lam.. don't ask me to explain what it is.. Just SUPERB food ! And Bentong ice-cream.. Thanks Chia for the food recommendation and treating us ice-cream !!!! :)

To the survivors of our Hyatt Kuantan "Expedition"!!
Hall of Fame
Ben
Had been sick for a week and was not feeling that well halfway through the hunt. But was miraculously cured after the announcement of our win !
Patrick
Scratched off some skin during football match at the evening we checked in to Hyatt.A nasty gash on the foot at the swimming pool after a game of water polo. And also surviving all the scratches as we three girls all attacked him at the same time. He was the goal keeper. :P
Sharon
Almost lost her 'sight' after her spectacles lens fell off due to a loosen screw.Ahhh.. a bee stung on her arm during our walk on the beach. The entire arm was swollen and numb by the evening. Now stil nursing her Doremon arm at home. Get well soon, girl !
Alvin
Another patch of skin lost as a result of his collision with Patrick- also causing same casualty to Patrick as above. Respect their diligence in the game. Also almost being disfigured by me during the water polo game. hehe.. I sort of scratched his face- luckily no scar. whew!
One red scratch at his back- contributed by Chia. Ahh.. I leave it to him to explain to his girlfriend ler
Andy
Another scratch on the leg during beach football session. Result of leg locking with Thiong. Again, respect his dedication to win for the team..
Thiong
Also hurt in the above leg locking with Andy. And got 3 bee stings on his foot (same spot- sure kena lottery d !!).. Yes Ah Thiong kena tiong tiong tiong !!!!
Yap
Ahh.. another casualty due to Thiong's fierce determination of winning the water polo game.Got a bad gash on his eye. Thank god just an external wound.
Chia
Got a small swollen itchy wound- source unknown. Suspects: Fire ants or pine. Also had neck ache( to be exact:- fan lai keng) - after being sandwiched between Sharon and
me for the night.. hahahahah
Looi
After giving his best in the beach football game, vomitted out all the stuffed crab.. Aii..This is financial loss, that stuffed crab is so expensive ler !!
Me
Self inflicted scratch on the face due to a chipped finger nail on the first morning of the hunt. Aii.. got my disfigured face photographed the whole trip. :(
3 broken finger nails after the water polo game- also the reason why Alvin was almost disfigured. One bee sting on the right foot, just above the ankle. But other than itchiness, I survived the sting.

One more missing huh.. oh yeah.. Dominic- he is our liquor dealer and well, he slept through the entire water polo game and walked away from the beach volleyball and football without a scratch. Hmm.. our ultimate survivor ? Your vote.

Anyway, everyone had fun and we girls got our sexy tan. :P
I really enjoyed myself- Thanks guys !! Already looking forward for the next trip d !!
posted by sming @ 5:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER