River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Double lucky........
Thailand's army commander wrested power from Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, sending tanks and troops into the streets of the Thai capital and declaring martial law early this morning.

"I declare Bangkok under a severe state of emergency",Thaksin said in a voice broadcast on Thai television.
Excerpts from The Star Online.
Scary huh !! To think I just came back from Bangkok just 3 days ago and this is happening!!
I just got a glimpse of the news.. don't really know what is the full story.
  • Friend from Halliburton said their Bangkok counterpart is on holiday today.... And there is a travel advisory to Thailand....
  • Friend from Bangkok replied my mail sounding optimistic and happy that his has a day off today. He thinks things will go well after tomorrow..
  • My uncle ( a family friend) and my bf's friend in Bangkok cannot be contacted for comments.
This is brought to you by smingtan.blogspot.com.... Stay tuned for more updates (if any lar).
:P
Anyway, I have to thank my lucky lucky stars... That we went there and eat shop have fun with a peace of mind. Come back safely and that we are not stranded anywhere.
Else, like what 8enji say, I can write a book or do a movie like THE TERMINAL- sming version.. :)
Also, exactly two weeks before the bombing in Hadyai, I was roaming those streets where 3 bombs that went off last week. Right on those streets.. Abit of black humour, I can imagine me being found cringing in pain but still stuffing the big fat chicken drumstick in my mouth. :P
(**Bloggers are condemning the terrorists acts.. Pls visit 9393's blog.)
Oh well, I feel bad for the people in Hadyai, though they are not so friendly or sweet. The people there do depend 100% on tourism. I still remember I have this thought that night after the sexy girl show, that one day if tourists stop coming to Hadyai, the economy will die. The people would be badly effected. And now.... oh dear.... It's happening !!
Aii... and please see what this wicked 8enji said. Konon-nya may be I am not lucky but the jinx to Thailand and that I brought havoc to the both places I went..
8enji, I AM COMING TO YOUR HOUSE THIS WEEKEND !!
MUAHAHAHAHA......
posted by sming @ 10:57 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hey hey.. no no no..
    bad jinx bad jinx...
    no come no come..

    i dont wish to lose my house :P
    hahhhaa..
    just joking.. welcome welcome 2 come :)

    maybe my next trip to thai the currenct will much lower :)
    then i can enjoy like king.. kekekeke

    8enji

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    oh benji..she is going to bring her nuclear to your house this weekend lah... I heard SM Shhh...hh Shh..hhh (whispering) just now...

    muahhah...

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Nine3 Nine3 said…

    haha..you really brings havoc to the two places you went.

    When late last night saw the annoucement you are one of th fews I thought of

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger nyonyapenang said…

    you and bf very hou choy. ;)

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger sming said…

    8enji, maybe you can...good luck ah.. just buy NICE souvenier for me. :P

    Patrick, y u go tell him? it was supposed to be a surprise ler !!

    nine3nine3, so sweet of you !! *blush*

    nyonyapenang, :) hehe.. ya lor.. so should I buy 4D ah? what number? i totally blur with 4Ds !!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER