River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Monday, September 25, 2006
My wallet is bleeding !!!
It all started because I sent my car for 'check-up'...
My front passenger door was giving me some problems.. I can't open from inside nor from outside with the key. Cannot get it or out to that side of the car...
So when my bf drives my car, I get to be the tau keh... hehe
Also, I suspect my boot was leaking coz it is smelling moldy...
So, before going to clean my 168 ( yes!! It is renovation finally finished !!), I sent my car to the workshop..
Man, my boot was flooded.. EWwwwwww......
The guy said for my boot, if it is because of the rubber it is going to cost me RM 85. Hmm.. ok..But the board and carpet would be more expensive RM 115 and RM 200 each. :O I told him i would just take the papan lar.. Ori one.. no other "third party product".. Darn proton.. one papan also RM 115.00.. Aii...
Then my door.. if it is the motor, it's RM 45, else if it is the lock.. RM 120..
So after checking, my boot is because of some sponge at the back light.. RM 40 only.. Then the door is because of the motor.. So plus the papan, damage is only RM 200.
Hehe. I was feeling slightly relieved la. So before I left for them to fix, I backside itchy and ask them to check my brakes ( giving some sounds when I brake) and my absorbers...
So go to 168 and clean clean clean....

Lunch time, I passed by the shop so drop by to see my car.. The mechanic just finish checking my brakes.. Disc pad keras d.. Absorbers all gone ( never change for 5 yrs d so not surprised).. Alignment...
This and that, total bill came up to RM 800+.. Err.. ok lor..

Go back to house to continue being busy..

An hour later, a call from the mechanic came...
This time my tire bengkak.. have to change two.. then duno what bush which is next to absorber also need to change. that one about RM 50.. Count count it is going to be RM 1.1K like that... Phew.. What to do? Have to do lar.. so I said ok...

Another hour passed by. He called again. I was hoping that my car is ready d.. But NO.. he said duno what disc cap on my front wheel burst.. then don't know what alignment or something have to do that one another RM 100... I didn't listen anymore. My mind was having an epilepsy fit.. my mouth foaming d.... Oh man !!

About 6pm, he called again.. This time, my hand was already shivering.
He said, " Miss Tan, your car...." he paused.
My heart stopped...
" Is ready already... Hahah.. gave u a shock hoh..."
Aiyoooo %$%$*(^%$)#^)#_^#&$*%$(*%$(#%Y#!!!!!!!!!!!
Like that also fun ah ?? I die of heart attack baru you know.. But I answered him sweetly lar..
" Ya lor.. I am very shocked..."
Man.. the bill came up to RM1,330!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o-<-<

Half dead. Separuh mati....
Aii... but what need to be done.. need to be done..
At least, now my car, very nice to drive.. Smooth and feels it is lighter.. I hope that would my solution to more efficient fuel consumption...
Then my RM 1330 is well spent..
I am not going to sell my car for another 5 years !!!!!

posted by sming @ 12:39 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    aiYOH!

    Thats aLOT man! you drive proton perdana huh?

    lady go workshop sure kena potong one.. this one need change, that one need change...

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    wah, 1k++ ah, can go for half engine overhall liao loh!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger sming said…

    Boo hoo !!!!
    :(
    I brought my bf ler.. aii...

    Proton wira only ler...

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger nyonyapenang said…

    this wan 1st time you change so many things after 5 years mah. now the car drives better liao lor. ;)

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger ikanbilis said…

    my parents used to drive perdana the purple color wan. very comfortable than the current limited edition waja 1.8 but problem oso like mad like current waja. but somehow wira isnt as bad as the rest but somehow, no matter what, they're just made in Malaysia =P

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger sming said…

    Aii.. I guess so..
    Anyway, I think I left out quite an important piece of info.. The car is 10 yrs going to 11 yrs old. :P
    My mom's old one. She kuasa to me when I needed the car. :P

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    ikanbilis: made in malaysia no good meh? suits local driving conditions right?

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah..
    u fixed the boot...
    u should have fix in an aquarium when u have the change.. i bet it will look really nice :)
    i think the aquarium cost less then the papan :P

    o -<-<

    of cos lighter lar.. without the water :)

    real funny thats how ladies drive..
    drives unitl have water tank.. no worries when over heat :P

    8enji

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thr is a Malay saying " lama lama jadi bukit" .....hehehe Well if u can "reserve" some $$ for ur travelling maybe u shud budget some for ur car oso ......kekekek

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    hahhaa.. not worry sming, i got a good technic for you to save cost on your car...

    fast fast come to my blog and find out how.. kekekee...

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger U-Jean said…

    same day my dad kena langgar (minor accident only)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger sming said…

    U-jean, hope your dad is ok and everything is settled.. Accidents can be quite mah fan but most important is everyone is safe !!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER