River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Saturday, February 10, 2007
Ini macam lor ....
Hello everyone !!
Man… how I miss the internet !! I can’t check mail at work… my Maxis 3G broadband is not working.. not only at my condo, but also my husband’s parent’s house and also SS2!!! Cannot work also never mind, they sudah send me bill !!!!
Cilakak super sien.. anyway, got 30 days trial. Will return and may be turn to streamyx.. Might take the pengsan promotion…..

So how have I been? Other than suffering from withdrawal syndrome, I am recovering from a slight flu.. Two days of last week, I spent my evening ‘redialing’ away in my in-laws’ house ( even though I should be resting due to the flu). They are using dial up and I guess Jaring is acting up or father in law forgot to pay bill.. aii… and I was so desperate I checked mail in the office ( a big no no!!) Anyway, it was a brief one. It was urgent and I need to book my photographer on the wedding day ! (excuses.. excuses..)

Talking about wedding photos… aii.. just went to chose my photos. As my husband said,
"Your mind is weak "….
Aiii,,,,I end up adding some photos and cost me RM 500.. !!! Now very sakit hati… Don’t ask me how many photos. But at least it is only half of what Patrick spent. :P
Ngiek ngiek

Ok.. Career wise. I have started my new job. One week there… Very different environment but I am coping well. Adapting well… Very strict company and there are really some rules which are quite funny.
Let start with a few.
There should be no documents on the desktop. Everyday we have to empty the recycle bin. C drives can only contain system files. D:\ drive can contain documents but all must be encypted. No connection to the internet. There is only one PC ( which is damn slow) and whenever you use you gotta write in the log book. A small department. Only 7 of us in an aquarium like room.. so every one outside can see what I am doing. Aii.. Very quiet. So, later I would be very si man and won’t talk too loud.
No CD, USB drives or pen drives are allowed to be taken in to the premises.
We have to lock our lockers every day after work.. Desktops have to be locked when user are not around.

So strict hoh….. aiii.. what to do? As my colleague said,, for the $$ lor… I have to pay my photographer mar.. later have to buy milk powder and marie franc leh… :P

We have a luncheon room and a vending machine for drinks…FOC.. And tea time at 4pm is official.. how nice !! oh no.. at a second thought, I am going to get fat !!
For my department, we can take off our shoes and wear room slippers in the room.. Which I feel is such great news for my feet !!!
Oh.. how can I not mention this …. The temperature in the office is so cold !!!!!!! I think 10 degrees leh.. Aii.. they think we are really in the country of the mother company meh ????
That is how I caught the flu.. But my boss is very sweet. He talked to the other department and if everyone is ok, they will make it warmer..  Also, my colleague helped me to ‘adjust’ the aircon blower at my place.. Seems like the blower at my place is extra cold leh !!!!! At least now I am not like in the Antartica… !!

Job wise I have not really started. Still reading manuals. And I think it is a good thing that all documentation are in place. I have tried taking over work with no proper or even none documentation. … IT IS A HEADACHE !!! ( hehehe.. I hope the person covering up for me at the old company is ok …… hehehe)
But I talked to my boss few days ago, and the job scope sounds promising and interesting. :)

Anyway, I hope you all would understand that I rather keep my current employer’s identity anonymous.. Because, I might be doing some mencaci and complain work here. And, this blog name is so similar to my real name. I can’t run far !! And also due to the fact at my second interview, my CEO did ask me if I do blog. You never know he might google for my name!! ( perasan….hahha)

Ok… I think I have a long update here.. heheheh… Hope to be connected again real soon!!! Excuse me if I have not been dropping by lately…
So, let me be abit kiasu and
GONG HEI FATT CHOY to you all !!!!!

Ps. Don’t bother to ask for ang pow. Coz I am only legally married ( customary ceremony not yet) and zheng hu (government) never state that there is a law of must give ang pow… hahhahahahah
posted by sming @ 10:54 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger scarxxx said…

    haiyo sis, why ur company rules so funny wan.. lolx...

    no angpow meh? why like that... i am thinking to write my address here so u can PosLaju to me.. kekekex...

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger ikanbilis said…

    eh dun care wa mau lu kasi wa angpau! sudah kahwin liao who kares pasai rules! =P

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    ya lah! ang pao ang pao ang pao!!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger sming said…

    Kahwee, yalor. very funny one.. we get one basket of 'kam' also we must send to our CEO to sign :P
    no need lar.. heheheh

    ikanbilis.. nyeh nyeh nyeh :P

    patrick, u dun talk somuch.. u marry liao so many years also never gimme angpow !!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cha boh, wat milk powder? u pregnant ka????? did i miss anything boombastic here??? :P

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    not just any angpow! inside must have 8 pieces RM50 bills hor :)

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oie...almost one month liow - mana pigi lu? :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER