River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Final Countdown
Happy Belated Xmas...!! Hehehe
Hope everyone had a good one.. The party at ALOHA last Friday was good....:)
Let's wait till the photos are out ya... Cameraman 8enji is on long leave.. Till next year.:)
Anyway, just looking at the calendar.. 4 more days to go.. And I will be married. :O
I have to be committed.. as a wife, more responsibility... Sounds abit scary to me.. :P
And feeling kinda sweet.. Haha.. conflicting thoughts...
Just thinking about how we met. I remember I promised Sue I would blog about this. But never was in the mood... Until today. So ready for some Aunty Sming's long winded story??
Once upon a time .....
ok ok, I am not that old lar .. :P
*************************************************
It was early July in 2002, ( geez it was so long ago !!!) My colleagues and I went to a workshop. We were late. I saw him once I stepped into the classroom. He was sitting in the first row. Looking at his side view, my first impression was... "Wah... Leng chai !!" :P~~~~
Most of you should know my hobby is kap chai ler.. Good things are meant to be appreciated mar... :P
But throughout the time, I was really concentrating on the speaker.. Not him.. Me not lying.. I swear !!
Anyway, after the work shop,... ok, I can't really tell what happened then. We still cannot agree till today. hehehe
He said I was the one giving him signals; and I insist he was the one staring at me all the time.
:p
Anyway, after that he went into the lift and left. AM sure he was the one looking at me.
( IT IS MY BLOG SO I GET TO SAY WHAT I WANT :P)
And he left, just like that..
I remember telling Sharon and Vong... "Today, a leng chai KAP me leh..."
Both of them also asked why din I go and talk to him...
Seriously, that never crossed my mind. I am still have that traditional kolot thinking that the guys should make the first move.
I replied, " Aii.. never mind lar.. If we have fate, we will meet again.... :)"
So, it was a BIG surprise when I saw him again. 30 July 2002. Less than a month from then. At the launch of the product that we went for the workshop earlier.
I was on the line when we made eye contact. I saw a hint of recognition on his face. But then, I tarik harga, I hang up and went into the lunch area. Took my food and found a place to sit. ( I think I made sure there were empty seats around me.. :p)
Then, he made his way to me. Waaa.. my heart went bip bop bip bop...
And,he then sat next to me. My heart did a flip flop.. make that double flip flop !!
He introduced himself and sort of saying was nice to see me again. I din hide the fact that I too recognize him.. and we started to talk... bli bleh bli bleh.. where we work lar... family lar... where we studied la.... hehe.. I still remember he was trying to find out if I have a bf. He keep asking what do I do when I am free... Of coz I gave him answers that he wanted.. those that are shouting... I AM SINGLE>> ASK ME OUT LAR !!
Haha..Just kidding.. Anyway, I still remember I purposely found an excuse to give him my name card in case he so cha tau duno how to ask for my contact. :P
But it really made me feel shy when he asked for my mobile number then. I was abit doubtful.. I tot email will do mar... But then, I gave him anyway after he reassure me he won't call me in the middle of the night. hehe
Then, we went off to attend the talks.. After the last session, he came and came looking for me again.
And we were chatting and waiting for lucky draw results. I think I din submit my form. I just hang around so I don't feel guilty going home so early during a working day..
Okay okay... I admit. I wanted to be around him... :P
He won a keyboard !!! So lucky leh....
He said he never won any lucky draw before .. hehe.. Must be me lar. I'm his lucky star... :P
It was time to leave. Everyone leaving.. everything finishto liao.
So... aii.. When will I see you again ? My heart was singing...
I told him I would like to check out the swimming pool ( We were at Sheraton Subang Hotel).
He said he would go with me..
Ok.. One extra point that he is interested. :P
So we went for a short walk. And till I have no more excuse to hang around with him, I said I will go get my car which is at the opposite side of the road..
He parked in the hotel itself, yet, he insisted to walk me to my car.
Wah... LAM SEI NGOR lorrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So long no guys ever offer to send me to my car.. even it was at night in shopping complex. This is broad daylight.. and he offered to walk me to my car. I was so laaaaaammm....
I was on cloud 9 !!!!
And that evening itself, he called me. And he sent me a sms that night. One thing lead to another... He celebrated my birthday with me.. and... fast forward....we got together as an item by early Sept 2002.. fast forward.... fast forward....
we are getting married this Saturday... :)
I never thought things would work out so beautifully between us. We started the relationship very fast ( my standard lar)... I admit I was also very scared that he would be the wrong person. I was even more scared that walking on the streets I would see him holding another girl's hand....
Etc etc....
To me, it was the closest experience of love at first sight to me. He said he fell for me quite late compare to his ex girlfriends. Well, he is the fastest microwave-oven lover I ever know ler.
And I always believe in fate ever since. I was not supposed to go to the first workshop. I swapped with my colleague for don't-know-what reason. And it was not my plan to attend the launch of the product until my supervisor asked me to go just a day before.
Often, I shudder on the thought how easily we would have missed each other....
But whatever it is.. this Saturday is the day we tie the knot..
30 Dec 2006
30 is our lucky number huh ? :)
posted by sming @ 3:26 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aii.. sming sure boh.. so far no 1 offer to walk with u to take ur car acept loong siu meh??..! sigh...!

    Hahaha.. once again Congratulation on your marriage :)

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger sming said…

    Thank you Patrick..
    Duno lar. At that time I cannot remember anyone else.... but now, got 8enji...
    :P

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sming, My very best wishes and congrats to your biggest day of your life....
    From the 5th day onwards, treat him as a good friend, as a lover...then a husband, (next year a daddy!) you won't go wrong.
    When you are in love, its always the loveliest night of the year.
    Best wishes to both of you, UL.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heheheh..... i also believe in fate.... thats why we are getting married this saturday.... come to think of it... we have gone a long way but we have a longer journey to travel.... love ya forever...

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    suming wish you "pak tau tou lou" with your long siu

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    a match made in heaven! and just one and the first one somemore!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    selamat berkahwin =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER