River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Monday, December 18, 2006
Updates...
What have I been up to lately? Hmm.. other than ear waxing, I was busy preparing my registration..:) Some people might find it as a less grand ceremony. But to me, registration of marriage is very important too. Anyway, anything that has to do with taking photos is important to me la. heheheh.
At first I thought the registration is just really simple. Nothing much to prepare.. Just the dress and accessories, which I got it settled within the first week of the month. Cheers !!
Then, my oh my.. I realised... there is the hairdo, the make up, the shoes.. the hand bouquet...etc !!!
Hairdo is my main headache.... I have tried to surf for some hairdo ideas. But couldn't really find one...I looked for my friend. His in-laws has a salon. I went there for a trial.. for a lunch wedding. Was kinda ok with it.. But suddenly earlier last week, I had a panic attack. Something like that lar. I just feel things won't work out the way I wanted..
Aii.. So I took a break from the hairdo.. I went on to look for my hand bouquet.. And I did find the process very much enjoying.. I found a design that I really liked and kinda unique. Then I thought of adding some small flowers to it... as to personalized my hand bouquet.. :) But oh my!! The florists I went to was asking for RM 150.00 or RM 200.00 ONWARDS !!!
Yau mou gau chor ????!!!!!!!!
That, to me, is too much for a bouquet of flowers that will only last for few days !!!! May be I m abit suaku...But it is too exorbitant !! Though I won't be the one paying for it.. but cannot waste money like that maaa. Even though is once in a lifetime.. Anyway, heheh.. yesterday I went to Petaling Street, found a florist that I have confidence in and most of all the price is soooo reasonable !!! Almost 60% less than the price I asked at the florist...
Whew !!
Yay !! Another thing settled...
And while I was searching for my hand bouquet, I came across some ring pillows.. mm.. which is interesting. As you see our rings are bought from the jewellary fair.. It is something like a warehouse sale. So where got nice nice box leh ?? Moreover, both our rings are bought from different outlets... Aii...
But, don't fret !!! Sming got things in control !! I had a bulb on my head that day, hehehe...I made use of what I have and modified this abit.. that abit.. and hey....voila !!!!
Nice or not ???
Then, suddenly someone suggested I go and look for a make up artist.. Oh dear !! How ah ? Where to find? And I memang dunno how to apply blusher without looking like a baboon's ass after that... :(
So I went to KLCC Isetan after work. Took a walk around the cosmetic area. Bobbi Brown provides the service if you purchase at least RM 150 of products. But they are fully booked till next year.. waa... good man !! Shu Umera also provide the service and also purchase of RM 150 worth of products.. and they are available on the 30th !!
Oh well.. But there is time constraint. How am I able to be able to go get my hair done then drive all the way into town and then to the registration within time !! I need to fetch my family too.. collect the flowers leh !!! Waa...
Headache.. headache....
Anyway, with a stroke of luck, I saw a salon around my area yesterday. Went in and discussed with the stylist. Hmm.. seems to fit my requirements and they provide make up service too !! One stop centre !! Manage to give me confidence on the hairdo part too. Checked my 'itinerary', it fits well!! So my main headache was solved !!
Yay !! Yay !! Yaaayyyy !!!
As for the shoes.. hmm.. should not be a problem lar. I got a pair of shiny silver sandals.. No problem. If not, tomorrow, I can go check out the shop which I saw some nice "bridal" shoes.... :)
Yes, I am all set. :)
Only need to go for facial and slim down !!! Today my colleague brought roti jala and rich chocolate cake.. and I manage to say "Tak Nak!!!" (in a polite way lar...how can equate these lovely food to ciggys worr ..:P)
Aren't you all proud of me ?
*smug*
posted by sming @ 3:03 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    don't get too stressed up lah.. just relax. also don need to think too hard lah, if within reasonable spending limits, just go ahead and spend it lor.

    it is not unusual in sg even for brides to spend S$5000 for their gowns alone.

    u are young, what is spent can always earn back mah.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    of course, gowns can be rented.. which would be cheaper.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger sming said…

    LM, you also feel my stress hoh ??
    But, I think is all settled d.. :)
    thanks ...

    :O
    S$ 5000... my god... wo de tian !!!
    gowns on the actual day ( chut mun and dinner) is covered in my bridal photo package... :)

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so bangga wif this big sis wan to get married ade =)

    i can see you're going thru some challenging experience and fun horr! i cant wait for wedding photos!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well well well, enjoy the process...it is ONCE in a life time ya...dont panic... :)

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    relex relex la

    Sming
    Wishing you and your love one a “ Merry Blessed Christmas”
    Luv
    9393

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger nyonyapenang said…

    aiyah, mm ho stress ler. nanti ambil gambar tak cantik ler.

    merry christmas & happy new year.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger sming said…

    ikanbilis , hehe.. :P then I will become aunty sming d.:P

    Patrick sure sure !!

    9393, same to you too !! Thanks. :)

    Nyonya, yes mam !!.. me practicing my pose d.. v(^.^)v

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Yunfang said…

    Hi there,
    Can I know about the number for the florist at petaling street?
    The one you said very reasonable.
    thx ^^

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER