River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Monday, October 23, 2006
Memoirs of a Rubbish Collector
Am back to Penang.. The jam was horrible !! The journey was like 8 hours !!! But that is inclusive of our detour for Ipoh Nga Choy Kai, Hor Fan and tau fu fah !!
Also had my great time with Penang food....Had my yummy laksa, char kuey tiaw, char kuey kak, chee cheong fan, kuey tiao teng...... slurrp !!
Anyway, since my 168 is ready, I gotta pack my 18 yrs of rubbish in Penang to relieve some space.... My mom is throwing me out.. :((
Anyway, she asked me to throw all my stuff... But I couldn't get myself to do it !!
See.. Chinese New Year cards from my frens from high school..... As we start working and with the internet, we don't send these cards anymore.... It's really different. It feels that the wishes are more sincere... at least that is how I feel..
And written letters... snail mails.... I have loads of them.. From my pen pals... my cousins, my aunty and uncle,my frens who are overseas, my high school frens when we are away in our uni.... How we support each other when we are away from home .. Sharing of our romantic stories.. and struggling to face the new challenges in life... etc etc.. Also reading back funny things we correspond when I was really young... Very funny.. Childish but funny...
Really brings back alot of memories...
How many of you still send snail mails ???
Going through those letters, I found out I have alot of frens and pen pals that I have forgotten.. :P
Also, there are so many birthday cards !! These are one of the few things I don't receive much when I grow older.... And there are so many cards that are hand made or drawn by my frens.. Those are treasures !! I can't throw them !!! I can never get myself to do that !!
See these cards, one is from an Indian girl I get to know when I first worked after my SPM. On the card, she asked me to remember her always. I would have forgetten about her if there weren't this birthday card. I still remember she used a pen knife to carved her bf's name on her hand.. Scary huh !!!
And the beautiful pink card is by a fren from Uni.. My first BD at the Uni was spent with him. His BD is just one day after mine... I cannot remember I have this beautiful card !!
The best one is the 3-D card. It is given by my primary school fren. It was like after 7 yrs we bumped into each other. And he was really sweet to make this card for me. Sent it by his bike to my mailbox. I had a really pleasant surprise... It has been ages that I have been surprised this way .... :)
Sad to say, he has left us 2 yrs ago.. At the age of 26 yrs old. Nose cancer.. And he gave me a rose when we last met. Such a sweet guy. I feel bad that I told him I will call him to meet up but never did. And it is too late d...... But I will always remember him ....
Anyway, wanna see more rubbish ?
These are some wood stuff then I kept and write on it. Also my sticker collections.... and a scrap book of Leslie Cheung, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok and even the badminton stars.. Soo Beng Kiang, Cheah Soon Kit, Yang Yang, Zhau Jian Hua ... yeah them !! That was the last time Malaysia brought back Thomas Cup.. Yeap, 1992 !!!!
There are more.. Shells.. cosmetic jewellary...bag buttons from my Co-Q days... toys... bla bla
Waaaaaaaa.. I really am a rubbish collector !!!
posted by sming @ 9:55 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Patrick said…

    hahhaa.. sming so r u going to 'transfer' those ur 'memories' to ur 168 ah?

    wah.. jia lat loh!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger sming said…

    hahaha
    ya.. very the jia lat...

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet u din hv any b'day cards or snail mails frm takehishi rite ........*hiak* *hiak*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER