River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Monday, October 16, 2006
Moving into 168 ~My Love Nest~
This is a retype.. I lost the entire blog when I was publishing it... Grrr.... No mood d...
*********************
Finally !!
After months of waiting for the keys, going through renovation, buying things....
After 10 years of staying in hostels/rented rooms....
After moving 6 times in 5 years....
I have moved to a place of my OWN !!!
MINE !!!
OK lar.. Not entirely mine. Half is my bf's.
Note: It is a risky decision to buy a property together espescially when you have not tied the knot. Young people, only do so if your relationship is stable and that both parties are able to handle things rationally when you decide to go on separate ways...
Anyway, touch wood !! Things are going smoothly between us except for the fights of who mops the floor and hang the curtains... N I expect more to come.... Aii.. my bf is SPOILT by his mom who is a housewife.. I need help to educate him to help me out with house work !! Any advice please?
I don't really know about the tradition/customs about moving to a new house. My friends say MUST choose date, ask the mothers, they sure know !!
My mom shrugged off saying my grandma did everything. My bf's mom said everyday is a good day !! *blur*
So, I went to check the calendar.. you know those with BIG numbers, one day on one page one leh...
So it says OCT 15 is a good day for moving house... Cun !!
Sunday no need to take leave.. Cun !! Cun !
9am till 3 pm is a good time..Kat see !! Cun !!!!!!!
So Oct 15 it is....
But, I am also confused this good day supposed to be the day I move in and stay over night for the first time ?? Or the day I move in my stuff/ furniture?? Or the day I bring in my Buddha ?
Anyway, I invited monks over for dana (offering to the monks) and they chant to bless the house. It is also the same I stayed there officially and I brought in the Buddha ( it;s a small marble Buddha I bought from Siem Reap) I am going to remove the fern later. It makes the whole thing look like a messy forest. I did it the Buddhist way with a dash of the old tradition..
Well, at least this gives me a peace of mind.. I guess that is what everything is about, yeah ?
I can't really explain the feelings of owning a place of my own. Excited and also feeling proud.. My own place.. my own design.. Nothing splendid but at least it is MY design. I am really lucky that my bf allow me to decided on almost everything.. only an occasional 'No' to keep watch on our budget.. :P
Ok, a sneak preview..
This is a design I had in mind before everything was ready. That I wanted to get from Bangkok. I wanted a vase with tall tall flowers on my dining table. The original plan I had was those dried sticks/ wood with curly curly ends. But, they look dead, don't they ? Just feel it is not so good for my feng shui..
So I went to Chatuchak Bangkok and got this vase, hand picked the flowers and came back struggling with the arrangement. How is it ? Not too bad for a novice, right?? *wink* *wink*
(Gotta thank Lorena and FY for carrying this bunch of mah fan flowers for me from Chatuchak back to the hotel !!!! :P)
Before my furniture came, I put it on this display shelf instead. My bf calls it my toy coz I sort of designed it. Not totally original though. Anyway, recently I saw something similar. SO sien.....
Costs us a bomb.. He didn't want it, I insisted and he relented. Thanks, my love !! Hehehe, bodek first... Anyway, don't say anything negative about it, else I am so going to kena from him !!!
OK, back to my decoration. I kinda like it this way, but then I feel the whole thing is like stunted. Crammed up, my flowers need space !! ...
Not pratical on my dining table either...
So end up next to my tv...Nicer right ?
Nope, not plasma..No $$... My bf's fren asked us to get a 52" or some outrageous size plasma TV. I told him.
" Siao ah !! With the size of my living room, both of us might end up cock eye !! Bak Jiu Pak Jiao !!"
Another fren lagi pannai...
" Eh you put a MILO tin next to the TV stating MY PLASMA TV FUND. Those sponsored can have their name writting on the wall next to it..."
Muahahahahahaha !!!
Ok this coffee table is one of the few things that my bf get to choose for the house. I wasn't really keen on it. But, now with my candle collection from Bangkok... I LOVE it !!!!
Well, this is how my 168 'progressed' from since we went to check on the defects earlier.
The power of renovation !! My bf is into reno business now.. Tolong tunjuk ajar... duo duo zi gao !! :p
Ok, after promoting my bf, my turn now. For those who have a chance to visit 168, if you are disappointed that the real thing is not as seen in the photos.. please DO tell me. Coz it means that I have the hidden talent to go into advertising photography.. :P
posted by sming @ 12:31 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    Wah, ur 168 and your tm (trade mark) design hou leng wor...

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually your toy looks reasonably nice...it has that classy and elegant look to it. But I still won't pay the amount you paid for it...haha.

    All jokes aside, I honestly think it looks cool. It's something that I'd like to have in my place as well, so that I can display my collection of Absolut Vodkas ;)

    So when can I go for a visit?

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger sming said…

    Patrick, thank you.. :)

    BBW, hehehe.. I was afraid you would kutuk it. :) Thank you.
    Come visit any time after Raya. :)
    My doors are always open for you.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger marn said…

    wa very nice wor, next time can help me deco? :D

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger sming said…

    Thanks ivory.. Sure no problem.. :)
    hehhehehehe

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger ikanbilis said…

    wah so cun lah your place!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    WOW! so impressive! I like the wooden slabs!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    amboi2...somebody so bz move house until nvr update liow lor!! lol :P update lar....btw, the house looks GREAT!! cant say that much for my tiny unit but i aint complaining. it's small so less housework to do. heh....n just need to vacumn nia - fully carpet mah. although we need to decor properly lar. here hardly any knick knacks yet. waiting till i get home n bring all my harta over! lol :P

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger sming said…

    ikan bilis, thank you !!
    LM, heheh. thanks.. At least I feel good spending that $$

    Yvy, ya.. Same here. Smaller better. :) Me too. now at home clearing and bringing my stuff to the new home.. I am going to need a BIG store room !!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER