River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Monday, November 06, 2006
And that is why I said yes...
I have been going out with my bf for 4 years plus. It has been fate that brought us together. I really believe so. We could have easily brushed each other shoulders and went on our own way. But, Lady Fate made sure we met, by choice we brought our relationship to another level and maintained it over the years.
At times we are very different as we are very similar. Haha.. funny way to say things huh.
I am a romantic freak. He is practical person. He will say no to a romantic dinner for his birthday and settle for a curry mee with duck drumstick. 0_o Of course I din let that happen !!
I love food. Variety and quality( the price also). He is someone who just go for chinese food and doesn't like to try new stalls. Boring I would say.
I love to travel. See new things. If he ever travel, he would just go for mountain climbing, snorkeling ( now he wanna upgrade to diving), water rafting, etc.. you know, those activities that will get you all tired and dirty..
I am a couch potato. I love to sleep late. Never a morning person. However, he is a person who would wake up early in the morning for a run or swim. And now he is going for all the 10km run and trithalon or bithalon.. 0-<-<
( oh ya I went to the Subang Jaya 10km run- reach there before 7 am.. and first thing came to my mind.. " waa alot of siao ppl also hoh" hehe.. anyway, to the runners, no offense ya !! I know me the sleeping addict is also considered siao to those who love to run/ exercise in the morning..)
Ever since we bought the condo in 2004, we have always fought over the installation of aircon in the room. I wanted it. He din want it. Everytime he would agree then another month or so he would bring up the subject and say NO. But, when we were furnishing 168, he actually wanted to install two aircon. He told me, "You asked for one, I give you two." :)
He is not someone who does housework. But, he will always wash the dishes for me. He knows I am allergic to detergent. :)
He might been lazy at times and give a fuss when I ask him to help with housework. But, still he would do it eventually.
I have a bad temper and am always egoistic. But he would always give in to me and bear with my outbursts. Sometime I have to salute him for tolerating me over the years. Therefore, over the four years, we never had a bad arguement.. No over night grudge. But I must say, this record is at a test after we move to 168.. But I am sure we will work things out. :)
There are many more examples that he has given in to my needs and wants.
He always tell me, if you are happy, I am happy. :)
Anyway, that is why I said yes when he popped the question last Friday. :)
Ps. I think I din make it obvious enough coz some ppl asking me .. Yes, it is a wedding proposal. :P
posted by sming @ 1:53 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulation to u!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    *phew finally...

    i was talking about the 'grey hair waiting' last month to u..

    Congratulations!!!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!!!!
    Am happy that Loong Siu has the good sense to take u to a nice restaurant and bought flowers...
    Hehehe (^o^)

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger ikanbilis said…

    ohmigawd!! Congratulation!!! wow i'm so excited for you!!

    i want to see wedding photo in future!!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww...thats a lovely story.
    Congratulations. :)

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!!! Finally i understood why you wanna spend the voucher to buy a sexy lingerie~~~....

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger nyonyapenang said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! here's wishing you and dahling all the very best.
    and keong hee, keong hee again.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger scarxxx said…

    congratulation to u sis...

    i have moved my blog d.... http://www.freewebs.com/scarportfolio

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    he sounds like a very practical and down to earth person.

    I am like you lah... how can sleep without aircon one! weather so blardee hot these days.

    housework? aiyah, go get a maid loh.

    and food, of course these things that fuel your body.. you cannot scrimp one. Not asking to eat abalone and sharkfins everyday wat.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger sming said…

    To everyone, thank you for all your sweet and warm wishes !!
    :)

    LM, yes, he is really practical !!!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Wingz said…

    i know i m abit late but Kunghei kung hei!!!!!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger sming said…

    Wingz
    :)
    thank you !! Never too late ...:)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    my advance 'welcome to the club' greetings to you!! when is the BIG BIG day??? :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER