River of Life ~Sming's

Me and just me.

Friday, November 24, 2006
I have already become a KIASU si lai
Kiasu I think everyone know la.
Si lai is aunty in Cantonese...
Ya, less than a week I moved to my office. I can see I had become a kiasu si lai.. How ?
It all shows in my journey to work every morning.
I am taking LRT now. So either my beloved drop me at the LRT station or I park my car there.
Once I get down the car, I would walk.. No it is MARCH to the platform. Hurriedly.... Everything is quite relax till the train comes. First thing is to get myself into the train WITH a seat. The eyes hawking for seats even before the train stops. Once in the train, with a seat, things will be relaxed. I will close my eyes and rest. Once in awhile I would open my eyes to check I am not depriving any pregnant woman or elderly people of a seat. Hehe.. still good girl la..
If no seat, aii.. then it is kiasu time to hold on to something so that I won't fall lor..
Then once I reach the interchange station. Waaa... The mode switch to 'battle'. Grab my handbag, get of out the train ASAP.. Rush to the nearest exit. Rushing down the stairs, trying to over take people who are slower. The face also turn one kind.. you know like everyone owe me money like that.... So that I would be ahead of the crowd at the checkout queue.. Then again, rush to cross the road, bumping into people. And I am sad to say sometimes, actually most of the times, I din even bother to say sorry. :(
Then again walking, I mean, rushing down the escalator to the other LRT station.. Then make sure I find the shortest queue.. Then, attempt to relax... But always watching how the queues are moving...When the train comes, and reaches my turn, waa.. battle mode higher one level... Try to squeeze in the LRT..Dun care got space or not. Just butt my way in.. like everyone. If I have to smell some one's armpit, I will deal with that later. Once in the cramped LRT, again I would put on a super long face, as if to tell ppl
" I very fierce one ahh.. don't mess with me ahhh !!"
Then, I have to hold on to my hand bag and keep an watchful eye of it. Also always hugging it in front. Ya.. protect my assets maa.. although sudah nak kahwin but also must take care... :P
Luckily only few stops... Sometimes, to exit the LRT I have to elbow my way out even though I have said "Excuse Me", coz some ppl just won't budge !!!!
But it does not end here..
After the exiting LRT, I would brisk walk up the escalator.. Normally, I would just stand aside and watch ppl one where got so kiasu.. Then brisk walk to my office. New office.. why?
Becoz the new office got stewpid lifts.. very slow one. Horror stories that once they had to wait HALF AN HOUR to get a lift down after work.. :O
So, at the lift also kiasu, if I don't get into the lift, I don't know how long I have to wait for the next one !!!!
Aiiii.... like that lor. It only end when I am in the office. And the cycle starts again when I go home.. But only half the journey... Coz the second interchange LRT is not that packed... But enough to stress me out and also make me feel so kiasu .. and so si lai.. :(
Sheh hui geh chor.... Society's fault lor...
No one to blame.. hehehehe..So blame the society lor.. :P
hehehehehe...
posted by sming @ 8:42 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sming, while waiting for my SMT (sweet matured thing) isteri to cook dinner I loaf around NonyaPenang's Blog members and popped into yours.
    Wa, that bad huh! your daily commute and the stress.
    Anyway, just to take your mind away from all that stress...here's another definition of stress.... Definitions:
    What's the difference between stress, tension and panic? Stress is when wife is pregnant, Tension is when girlfriend is pregnant, and Panic is when both are pregnant.
    You have a nice day, best regards, UL.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Sming, just finished dinner and continued reading your 2nd posting.
    WOW! You getting married. Congrationlations and all the very best to both of you now and always.
    "A successful marraige requires falling in love many times".
    Best wishes once again, UL.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger nyonyapenang said…

    sming, got wear safety boots or not? ya lar, to stomp on anyone who dares to bully you.

    uncle lee,
    you sure got lots of stories and jokes to share with us. so, i believe now uncle lee no more STRESS, TENSION and PANIC hor? kakakakaka........

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kiasu si lai now becoming fit lah! but get yourself some nice croc shoes instead og heels and stilettos!!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger sming said…

    Hello Hello Uncle Lee !! Thanks for dropping by. Ya ya.. I saw your comments in Nyonya's blog. Also know u penang lang.. !! :)
    Feel like extra bonded ler..:P
    uh huh.. me getting married !! :P
    thank you thank you !!! I am sure you can provide me more advice on that... :)
    nyonya, not yet.. but may be I would need some.. those Phua Chu Kang's one ...

    ikanbilis, how's ur SPM ? I wear stilettos so that I can stomp on those who stomp on me.. sharper ends hurts more... hehehe.. never make a woman angry huh... :P

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahhaaa.. kiasu si lai... bring along ur J shape umbrella too while u take lrt lah...
    u will never know u might wanna use it in 'diff' situation! kekekkee...

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Las montañas said…

    aiyoh! you become si lai.. so old oledi!

    sit in a crowded train? no way! dun want to smell backsides.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sming, just some smiles for you. Q: What is the easiest way to figure out exactly when I got
    pregnant?
    A: Have sex once a year.
    Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
    A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.
    : How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu?
    A: If it's the flu, you'll get better. Q: My brother tells me that since my husband has a big nose, and genes for big noses are dominant, my baby will have a big nose as well. Is this true?
    A: The odds are greater that your brother will have a fat lip.
    Q: My blood type is O-positive and my husband's is A-negative.
    What if my baby is born, say, type AB-positive?
    A: Then the game is up.
    Q: What's the difference between a nine-month pregnant woman and a Playboy centerfold?
    A: Nothing, if the pregnant woman's husband knows what's good for him.
    Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during
    labor, but pressure. Is she right?
    A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.
    Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
    A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.
    Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from
    childbirth?
    A: Yes, pregnancy.
    Q: What is the best time to wean the baby from nursing?
    A: When you see teeth marks.
    Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel
    and act normal again?
    A: When the kids are in college.
    You have a nice day. UL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER